Our policy lasts 30 days from date of purchase. If 30 days have gone by since your purchase, unfortunately we can’t offer you a refund or exchange.
Repair, replacement or refund
You can ask a business for your preference of a free repair, replacement or refund, but you are not always entitled to one. For example, the consumer guarantees do not apply if you got what you asked for but simply changed your mind, found it cheaper somewhere else, decided you did not like the purchase or had no use for it.
If you have a minor problem with a product or service, our business can choose to give you a free repair instead of a replacement or refund. When you have a major problem with a product, you have the right to ask for your choice of a replacement or refund. For a major problem with a service, you can choose to receive compensation for the drop in value below the price paid, or a refund.
If the problem with a product or service is minor, you must accept a free repair if the business offers you one.
If the business fails to give you a free repair within a reasonable time or cannot fix your problem, you can:
- get it done elsewhere and pass on the costs to the business
- ask for a replacement
- ask for a refund
- recover compensation for the drop in value below the price paid.
Exceptions to guarantees
Consumer guarantees do not apply if you:
- got what you asked for but simply changed your mind, found it cheaper somewhere else, decided you did not like the purchase or had no use for it
- misused a product in any way that caused the problem
- knew of or were made aware of the faults before you bought the product
- asked for a service to be done in a certain way against the advice of the business or were unclear about what you wanted.
- You choose to take a clock on checked baggage on an airline. (Not covered by warranty)
Rights to a repair, replacement, refund, cancellation or compensation do not apply to items:
- worth more than $100,000 purely for business use, such as machinery or farming equipment
- you plan to on-sell or change so that you can re-supply as a business
- bought as a one-off from a private seller, for example at a garage sale or fete (but you do have rights to full title, undisturbed possession and no unknown debts or extra charges)
- bought at auction where the auctioneer acted as an agent for the owner (but you do have rights to full title, undisturbed possession and no unknown debts or extra charges)
- where the contract is to store or transport goods as part of business activities.
To be eligible for a return, your item must be unused and in the same condition that you received it. It must also be in the original packaging. To return an item, please telephone our store first, and provide via email digital photos of the faulty / damaged goods.
Change of mind, found item cheaper elsewhere, decided you don't like your purchase or had no use for it will not receive a refund.
Item/s in dispute must have been purchased from Hommes Uniques and not from another place.
Some types of goods are exempt from being returned. Perishable goods such as food cannot be returned.
Additional non-returnable items:
- Gift cards
- Downloadable software products
- Some health and personal care items
To complete your return, we request a receipt or proof of purchase.
Please do not send your purchase back to the manufacturer.
There are certain situations where only partial refunds are granted (if applicable)
- Book with obvious signs of use
- Any item not in its original condition, is damaged or missing parts for reasons not due to our error
- Any item that is returned more than 30 days after delivery
Refunds (if applicable)
Once your return is received and inspected, we will send you an email to notify you that we have received your returned item. We will also notify you of the approval or rejection of your refund.
If you are approved, then your refund will be processed, and a credit will automatically be applied to your credit card or original method of payment, within a certain amount of days.
Late or missing refunds (if applicable)
If you haven’t received a refund yet, first check your bank account again.
Then contact your credit card company, it may take some time before your refund is officially posted.
Next contact your bank. There is often some processing time before a refund is posted.
If you’ve done all of this and you still have not received your refund yet, please contact us at email@example.com or telephone the shop Monday – Saturday 12pm-4pm.
Sale items (if applicable)
Only regular priced items may be refunded, unfortunately sale items cannot be refunded.
Exchanges (if applicable)
We only replace items if they are defective or damaged. If you need to exchange it for the same item, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and send your item to: Hommes Uniques, Shop 1/20 Henry Street, Woodside SA 5244, advising us first by telephone.
If the item was marked as a gift when purchased and shipped directly to you, you’ll receive a gift credit for the value of your return. Once the returned item is received, a gift certificate will be mailed to you.
If the item wasn’t marked as a gift when purchased, or the gift giver had the order shipped to themselves to give to you later, we will send a refund to the gift giver, and he will find out about your return.
To return your product, you should mail your product to: Hommes Uniques, Shop 1/20 Henry Street Woodside SA 5244, advising us by telephone first.
You will be responsible for paying for your own shipping costs for returning your item. Shipping costs are non-refundable. If you receive a refund, the cost of return shipping will be deducted from your refund.
Depending on where you live, the time it may take for your exchanged product to reach you, may vary.
If you are shipping an item over $75, you should consider using a trackable shipping service or purchasing shipping insurance. We don’t guarantee that we will receive your returned item.
Hommes Uniques requests proof of purchase for any item in dispute. Item/s in dispute must be purchased from Hommes Uniques and not from another place.